Jan 22, 2012

Back to the origins with a Pooh Bear

Six miniature shows, last year, too much work, too little sleep, too much things to fix between family, childrens and miniatures and now I really need to slow down.
I want to go "back to the origins" making just things I love to do (isn't that the dream of most people?).
So this time I want to show you something I made that really gave me pleasure (you've probably already spotted it into my banner), a little Pooh Bear ... 15mm tall (approx 0.55"):



... then, looking into my thrift box I found a toadstool made with cold porcelain, and a teapot I crocheted some time ago:


The teapot is really small, just 7mm (approx 0.24") and is crocheted with my wonder 0.4mm hook and sewing thread.
And then .... mumble mumble what little Pooh is making with a teapot, and a toadstool?
A picnic of course!!!
So I added a little cherry pie in a quarter scale, a little gingham towel, some grass, a little box, and  ... taaa-daaah:




This is my first "back to the origins" ...

Deep in the hundred acrewood
where Christopher Robin plays
You'll find the enchanted neighborhood
of Christopher's childhood days
A donkey named Eeyore is his friend
and Kanga and little Roo
There's Rabbit and Piglet and there's Owl,
but most of all Winnie the Pooh

Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
He's Winnie the Pooh
Winnie the Pooh
Willy nilly silly old bear



20 comments:

  1. How precious! Your scene is delightful! How wonderful to be able to do what brings you joy--congratulations! :-) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply wonderful!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow amazing! I can't imagine crocheting something that small! I'm still new to miniature crocheting and I'm completely intrigued by your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! What a lovely and sweet scene!
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do NOT SNEEZE!!!!!!!! Wow! you're absolutely AMAZING!!! Hugs, Morena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molto belli! La teiera è davvero originale. mi piacciono gli oggettini fatti ad uncinetto, cosa che io non so fare, purtroppo.
    Ciao Faby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Es una fantastica escena, has hecho un precioso trabajo enhorabuena!!
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mariella ma sempre più piccoli!!! e perfetti!!!! Le tue creazioni sono sempre deliziose... origini e non ;o)!!
    baci baci
    Mariarita

    ReplyDelete
  9. O so so very cute! I still can not believe how you can crochet so very small. Your so very talented!
    It is always nice to make things we really like to make, that makes us so very happy :)
    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Just found your blog. Your stuff is amazing, I am speechless!
    Greetings from Scotland
    Shippy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me encanta!!!!!! todo,el osito,la tetera,la seta....la escena completa es preciosa y tan pequeña!!!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally precious! I'm awestruck!

    always-a-project.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bellissimi, winnie ci fa impazzire
    baci

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola amiga es precioso. Podrías publicar el patron del winnie the pooh. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry but I do not have a pattern for this Pooh because I made it free hand without following a pattern.
      I have a pattern of a Pooh Bear in my Etsy shop but it's bigger than this one. If you want to take a peek here's the link:

      http://www.etsy.com/listing/62850941/pdf-pattern-amigurumi-pooh-bear-pattern

      To make it smaller you can crochet it with sewing thread and a 0.4mm hook.
      Hope it helps.

      Mariella

      Delete
  15. Fantastic scene. I lover your animals. They
    are so cute.
    Greetings
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much my lovelies for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete